Monday, January 18, 2010

Winter Rain

I had the privilege of growing up on the East Coast of the U.S.

During the winter months we don't usually have rain; we have snow, sleet, ice and frigid temperatures. Before you ask, yes I miss the snow.

However, I would prefer to visit snow elsewhere, than shovel it here.

After spending the past six winters of my life in the San Francisco Bay area I've grown unaccustomed to wind chill factors, snow, and freezing rain.

Rain in lieu of sub-zero temperatures has become a pleasure. The sights and sounds of a hard falling rain have always made me smile; a storm not big enough to cause major damages, but just heavy enough to wash the city. Just heavy enough to make the world feel clean again. Even though we know we'll never be clean again.

However anything that makes the Tenderloin smell a little cleaner is a blessing.

1 comment:

  1. i'll take the rain over sub-zero temperatures any day! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete